- Requests can be in writing or by repeat slip
- You can order prescriptions via email:
- Order online via the link at the top of this page (you will need to register for this service; please download our leaflet below).
Requests cannot be taken over the telephone.
Please allow 72 working hours for a repeat prescription.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your Pharmacy please inform a receptionist of your nominated pharmacy.
For more information please click here.
When will my prescription be ready?
|Day requested day
|Will be ready
|Monday – before 12.30pm
|Monday – after 12.30pm
|Tuesday – before 12.30pm
|Tuesday – after 12.30pm
|Wednesday – before 12.30pm
|Wednesday – after 12.30pm
|Thursday – before 12.30pm
|Thursday – after 12.30pm
|Friday – before 12.30pm
|Friday – after 12.30pm
All prescription requests require 3 working days (72 working hours)
if there is a bank holiday you need to jump ahead 1 working day
please note surgery working days are monday – friday - 8.30am - 6pm.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.